- Scan the whole property (including all floors and any detached garage/porch) in one, continuous scan without interruption.
- Angle your phone slightly down and point the camera straight ahead in the direction you’ll be walking.
- Focus on the floors. No need to show more than 3 feet (1 meter) of the wall.
- Scan no closer than 5 feet (1.5 meters) and no further away than 11 feet (3 meters) from walls and furniture.
- Back out of narrow spaces rather than turning around.
- Scan small spaces through the door opening without entering the space yourself.
- Only scan ceilings that are less than 7 feet (2 meters) tall.
- Scan the ceiling at a slight upwards angle so the ceiling and other architectural elements such as windows are visible in the frame.
- Do not scan a ceiling by pointing the camera directly above your head.
- Do not scan the ceilings for more than 5 seconds.
- Make sure your date/time is set to automatic. You can check this on the settings on your phone.
- Before pressing send on the order card, ensure your phone has a high-speed internet connection. It is advisable to wait until you can use a Wi-Fi network to send your completed scan. Mobile data connections are less stable and reliable.
- The size of the data being sent increases linearly, depending on the scan length. A one-minute scan equals approximately 25 megabytes of information.
- You can review your video before you upload it. However, once the scan is uploaded, the video is deleted from your phone.
Click here for our creating your account
Click here for CubiCasa’s best scanning practices
Click here for our how to scan a property